The Kinesiology and Physical Education Program develops graduates who make informed decisions about human movement and performance that foster health and physically active lifestyles for themselves and others.
To this end, faculty are dedicated to quality teaching, scholarship and service.
Goals and Objectives
1. Graduates of the program will:
Be positioned to contribute to their profession and be life-long learners in a diverse society by demonstrating:
- skilled written and oral communication
- critical and creative thinking
- effective information acquisition and utilization
- content-specific technology use
- collaboration and collegiality
Demonstrate mastery of content in the core and applicable specialization areas of Kinesiology and Physical Education.
2. The KPE program will contribute to liberal and professional education by providing courses that allow students to gain and implement knowledge of physical education, or physical activity and health.
3. Faculty will conduct quality scholarship, engaging students, disseminating the resulting knowledge, and integrating research into teaching.
4. Faculty and students will contribute to the community and profession through service.