Japanese Program Information
Welcome to the Japanese Program at Western Washington University. The Department of Modern and Classical Languages offers four years of Japanese language courses. We offer both a major and a minor in Japanese.
Major & Minor Advising
Assistant Professor of Japanese, Major & Minor Advisor
|Office: Miller Hall 122A|
Ph.D., University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
Areas of Expertise: Japanese cinema and gender studies; Women working in Japanese media industries; Film theory, genre theory, transnational cinemas and star texts, feminist theory, and queer theory.
Study Abroad Advising
Associate Professor of Japanese and Linguistics, Section Coordinator, Study Abroad Advisor
|Office: Miller Hall 217E|
Ph.D., Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Office of International Programs and Exchanges
- Consulate-General of Japan at Seattle
- Japan Foundation, Los Angeles
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test – Japan Foundation, Los Angeles
- Online Courses in Language