Associate Professor of Kinesiology
Ph.D. University of Oregon - Biomechanics
M.A. San Diego State University - Biomechanics, Athletic Training
B.S. University of the Philippines, Diliman - Sport Science
Please click the link - OFFICE HOURS SIGN UP
KIN 311 - Biomechanics
KIN 312 - Functional Anatomy
Dr. Jun San Juan was born and raised in the Philippines. He received his Bachelor’s degree in Sport Science at the University of the Philippines in Diliman, Quezon City. In 2000, Dr. San Juan moved to the United States to pursue graduate school. He earned his M.A degree in Physical Education with a major in Biomechanics and Athletic Training at San Diego State University (SDSU). Dr. San Juan then continued graduate school at the University of Oregon and finished his PhD in Biomechanics.
Dr. San Juan joined Western Washington University in 2013 as an Assistant Professor in Kinesiology in the Health and Human Development department. He has been a certified Athletic Trainer since 2005 with the National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification.
- Shoulder Biomechanics
- EMG Biofeedback in Strength Training and Rehabilitation
- Lower Extremity Biomechanics
- Functional Movement Evaluation
Faculty Research InterestsShoulder Biomechanics
- Younis Aslan HI, Buddhadev HH, Suprak DN, San Juan JG. (2018). ACUTE EFFECTS OF TWO HIP FLEXOR STRETCHING TECHNIQUES ON KNEE JOINT POSITION SENSE AND BALANCE. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2018 Aug;13(5):846-859. PMID:30276017
- San Juan JG, Suprak DN, Roach SM, Lyda M. (2018). Lower Extremity Strength and Range of Motion in High School Cross-Country Runners. Appl Bionics Biomech. 2018 Aug 8;2018:6797642. doi: 10.1155/2018/6797642. eCollection 2018.
- Crisafulli DL, Buddhadev HH, Brilla LR, Chalmers GR, Suprak DN, San Juan JG. (2018). Creatine-electrolyte supplementation improves repeated sprint cycling performance: A double blind randomized control study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2018 May 2;15:21. doi: 10.1186/s12970-018-0226-y. eCollection 2018.
- Buddhadev HH, Crisafulli DL, Suprak DN, San Juan JG. (2018). Individuals With Knee Osteoarthritis Demonstrate Interlimb Asymmetry in Pedaling Power During Stationary Cycling. J Appl Biomech. 2018 Aug 1;34(4):306-311. doi: 10.1123/jab.2017-0363.
- San Juan JG. Gunderson S. Kane-Ronning K. Suprak DN. (2016). Scapular kinematic is altered after electromyography biofeedback training. Journal of Biomechanics. Jun 14;49(9):1881-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jbiomech.2016.04.036. Epub 2016 May 3. PMID: 27161990
- San Juan JG. Roach S. Lyda M. Suprak DN. (2015). The effects of exercise type and elbow angle on vertical ground reaction force and muscle activity during a push-up plus exercise. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. 16: 23.
- Roach SM. San Juan JG. Lyda M. Suprak DN. Boydston C. Bies AJ. (2015). Passive hip range of motion is reduced in active subjects with chronic low back pain compared to controls. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 10(1): 13-20.
- Roach S. San Juan JG. Lyda M. Suprak DN. Boydston C. (2014). Patellofemoral pain subjects exhibit decreased passive hip range of motion compared to controls. International Journal of Sports Physical Therapy. 9(4): 468-75.
- San Juan JG. Kosek P. Karduna AR. (2013). Humeral head translation after a suprascapular nerve block. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 29(4): 371-79.