Bachelor of Arts - Economics/Political Science
This major is available for students who have a strong interest in both of these disciplines and whose career interests lie, for example, in government or the legal profession.
- DSCI 205 - Business Statistics or equivalent
- MATH 124 or MATH 157
- ECON 206, 207, 303, 306, 307, 310
- 12 additional credits in upper-division Economics courses, under departmental advisement
- One (1) Communications Focus (CF) course within the College of Business and Economics (CBE).
Political Science requirements:
- PLSC 250
- PLSC 261
- PLSC 271 or 291
- PLSC 346 or PLSC 372 or PLSC 390
- PLSC 427 or PLSC 462
- PLSC 491 or ECON 491
- 9 additional credits from the American Politics and Public Policy field
- 4 additional credits from the Political Theory field
- 8-9 additional credits in upper-division Political Science electives to complete the total required for the program.
Plan of Study:
Major evaluation/plan of study forms are available in the Political Science Office (AH415) or print one: ECON PLSC Plan of Study 2018-19.xlsx
Senior evaluations for this combined major requires Advisor approval in Political Science and Economics.
Also required by Western Washington University:
WWU requires a minimum of three writing proficiency points in approved upper-division writing proficieny courses (WP3) with a minimum grade of C-. This requirement can be completed as part of the above required and elective credits.