Declaring the Political Science Minor.
You can declare the Political Science Minor at any time. There are no prerequisites.
Please come to the Political Science Department Office, Arntzen Hall 415, to officially declare a minor in Political Science.
Why Consider a Minor?
Many others who are not majors take political science courses as an essential part of their liberal arts education. The Political Science minor can complement other areas of study and prepare you for a host of careers, both domestic and international, such as NGOs, government agencies, and business. Further, students with a Political Science Major or Minor can go on to law school, graduate school in international business, international relations, public policy and teaching. In sum, political science complements a number of other majors across the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, and professional degrees, and can enrich inquiry into the problems of sustainability, cultural diversity, and internationalization.
You can declare the minor at any time, there are no prerequisites required.
Political Science Minor Requirements
- 25 credits in Political Science courses within the following guidelines:
- Two of the following courses: PLSC 250, PLSC 261, PLSC 271, PLSC 291
- At least ten credits of upper division courses in Political Science
- PLSC 101 does not count toward minor
- No more than 12 transfer credits accepted toward the minor
Minor evaluation/plan of study forms are available in the Political Science Office (AH415) or print one here: