Application for the 2020/21 academic year tuition waiver scholarship is now available! Each year the Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies Program selects one student who is a declared WGSS major or minor to receive a tuition waiver. Application is due by May 10, 2020.
Tuition Waiver Scholarship & Application Form: WGSS Scholarship 2020 21
Applicants must be Women, Gender, and Sexuality Minors, Majors, or Concentrators who demonstrate a passion for, and an advanced knowledge of, Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and are in excellent academic standing. Students must be full-time (at least 12 credits) undergraduates.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS & DIRECTIONS:
Please attach the following documents to one email and submit to Angela in the Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies Program – email@example.com
- Scholarship application – page 2 of this document WGSS Scholarship 2020 21
- A personal statement addressing your background, interest and goals with regard to Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and any community service or activism in the areas of feminism, sex, gender, and/or sexuality.
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts (academic history available in Web4U)
- One letter of recommendation in support of your application
- Letter should address student’s specific engagement in Women, Gender, & Sexuality Studies. (Start planning early in your requests for a letter. Usually writers appreciate at least two weeks notice, if not more.)
- The writers of these letters must submit via email directly to Angela: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVALUATION CRITERION & NEXT STEPS:
The scholarship recipient will be selected by the Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Scholarship Committee. Awards will be based on the following criteria: academic excellence; directed focus in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies as evidenced by the number of courses taken, ISPs, and progress toward minor, major, or concentrations; letter of recommendation; evidence of research/activism relating to feminism, sex, gender, and/or sexuality issues.
Announcements will be shared by end of spring quarter via email. The earliest quarter that scholarship funds may be applied is fall 2020.
Note: Incomplete packets are subject to disqualification.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 10, 2020
Additionally, several scholarships are available from Western and private organizations to support women and increase diversity, and we encourage you to explore your options by visiting the Western Scholarships website. And, check out more opportunities available through the CHSS Dean's Office !