The East Asian Studies Scholarship for 2023/24 is now OPEN.
(2023/24 scholarships have not been awarded) The Sarah Ann Wirth Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship awarded to an East Asian Studies major or a History major with a minor in East Asian Studies.
- Must be currently enrolled at WWU and plan to study full-time (minimum 12 credits) at least one quarter of the 2022/23 academic year
- Declared major in East Asian Studies or History with a minor in East Asian Studies
- Junior or senior status fall quarter of awarding year
- Minimum 3.00 grade point average, both cumulative and in the major
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS & DIRECTIONS: Please attach the following documents to one email and submit to East Asian Studies – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application – page 2 of the EAS scholarship application document
- Brief statement explaining your interest in continuing study in East Asian Studies. Do not exceed one double-spaced, single-sided page.
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts (academic history available in Web4U).
- Unofficial transcripts of college-level work other than WWU.
- Two letters of recommendation in support of your application.
- Letters may be from a faculty member, employer, or a community or campus organization. (Start planning early in your requests for letters. Usually writers appreciate at least two weeks notice, if not more.)
- The writers of these letters must submit via email directly to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 28, 2023
NEXT STEPS: Scholarship Committee will review all completed applications. Announcements will be shared by May 12th via email. The earliest quarter that scholarship funds may be applied is Fall 2023.