Stay tuned for details about the EAS 2021-2022 scholarships! Details are generally announced during spring quarter.
The Sarah Ann Wirth Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship awarded to an East Asian Studies major or a History major with an emphasis in East Asian Studies.
- Must be currently enrolled at WWU and plan to study full-time (minimum 12 credits) at least one quarter of the 2020-21 academic year
- Declared major in East Asian Studies or History with an emphasis in East Asian Studies
- Junior or senior status fall quarter of awarding year
- Minimum 3.00 grade point average, both cumulative and in the major
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS & DIRECTIONS:
Please attach the following documents to one email and submit to Angela in East Asian Studies – email@example.com
- Scholarship application – page 2 of the EAST Scholarship 2020 2021 application.
- Attach a statement explaining your interest in continuing study in East Asian Studies. Do not exceed one double-spaced, single-sided page.
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts (academic history available in Web4U)
- Unofficial transcripts of college-level work other than WWU
- Two letters of recommendation in support of your application.
Letters may be from a faculty member, employer, or a community or campus organization. (Start planning early in your requests for letters. Usually writers appreciate at least two weeks notice, if not more.)
The writers of these letters must submit via email directly to Angela: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 13, 2020
Scholarship Committee will review all completed applications. Announcements will be shared by end of spring quarter via email. The earliest quarter that scholarship funds may be applied is fall 2020.