The MCL scholarship application process is CLOSED for the 2023/24 academic year!
Additional scholarship opportunities are also available through the Scholarship Center.
Scholarships and Application
You are applying to all available MCL departmental scholarships and tuition waivers with one application. Award amounts vary and average between $500-$2000, depending upon available funding per scholarship. All application materials must be submitted (via email) to the Department of Modern and Classical Languages by April 13, 2023.
Application Documents and Directions
Please attach the following documents to one email and submit to the Department of Modern & Classical Languages - email@example.com
- Scholarship application – page 3 of MCL scholarship application document Word or PDF
- A brief statement regarding your education and career goals. Do not exceed one double-spaced, single-sided page.
- An unofficial copy of your transcripts (academic history available in Web4U)
- Unofficial transcripts of college-level work other than at Western.
- Two letters of recommendation in support of your application
- At least one of the letters must be from an MCL professor, preferably from each language you are studying. Additional letters may be from a faculty member, employer, or a community or campus organization. (Start planning early in your requests for letters. Usually writers appreciate at least two weeks notice, if not more.)
- The writers of these letters must submit via email directly to MCL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Must be currently enrolled at WWU and plan to study full time (minimum 12 credits) at least one quarter of the 2023-24 academic year. Some scholarships have specific criteria and the committee will determine eligibility based on application. Scholarship awards cannot be used for study abroad.
All documents must be submitted by end of day April 13, 2023.
The Scholarship Committee will review all completed applications. Announcements will be shared by end of May or early June via email. The earliest quarter that scholarship funds may be applied is Fall 2023.