How Do Clients Qualify?
The following are required criteria that you must meet before applying to the WWU Hearing Aid Bank Program:
- Adult (18 years or older)
- Resident of Whatcom or Skagit counties
- Demonstrate financial need based on low income and/or other extenuating circumstances
- Not eligible for hearing aid assistance by other sources (i.e. Veteran’s Affairs, Medicaid, Labor and Industries, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Indian Health Services, etc.)
- Able to attend and participate in the Hearing Aid Bank Program’s series of required appointments as outlined in the application form.
- All applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of Western’s Audiology Clinic Director, an Audiology Clinical Educator or Audiology Faculty member, and a graduate student in the Clinical Doctorate in Audiology (Au.D.) degree program.
How Do Clients Apply?
Download and fill out the application form and instructions: Hearing Aid Bank Assistance Application. Application materials can also be requested by phone (360) 650-3881 or fax (360) 650-4334.
Mail or fax the completed form and other required materials to:Western Washington University Audiology Clinic/Hearing Aid Bank 516 High Street, AI 394 MS 9171 Bellingham, WA 98225
How Do Audiologists and Dispensers Refer to the Program?
The WWU Hearing Aid Bank Program’s application form may be provided by the referring audiologist or dispenser to the client at the time of referral. A supportive explanatory note for the referral would be of benefit for the client seeking assistance.