Post-baccalaureate FAQs

The program is intended for students who already have a bachelor (or a master degree) in an area other than communication disorders.

Under special circumstances, an individual who has a B.A. in Communication Sciences and Disorders that is post five years+ could apply for the Post-baccalaureate Program

Yes, if qualified and if you have further question regarding application and admission process please contact Jenny Hebert,, 360-650-7780.

It is highly recommended that you have a letter of reference speaking to your academic skills; however, if you are unable to obtain such a reference letter then your GPA will speak to your academics and a reference letter from a professional for whom you have worked or volunteered (particularly in related fields) would be accepted.

Address any extenuating circumstances relating to your undergraduate GPA in your statement of purpose.  Be aware that as you complete a Post-baccalaureate Program  application to Graduate Program is very competitive and Graduate Programs are looking for GPA’s of 3.5 and over.

You may be accepted in the Post-baccalaureate program on a conditional basis, which states that you must demonstrate strong academic performance to continue in the program.

Go to the Student Business Office, Tuition and Fee Schedule to determine Tuition and Fees Information. 

You will also pay Western required fees (not included in the tuition chart).

Yes, you can apply for FAFSA; however, do be aware that this program runs 4 quarters and FAFSA distribution is geared to a 3 quarter academic year. 

We encourage you to contact Western's Financial Aid Department

Not at this time. We encourage you to contact Western's Scholarship Center for information.

Not at this time.  Our program is a standard face-to-face on campus program.

We accept approximately 18 applicants.

Application priority deadline is February 15.

Western Admission Deadline is March 1.

Acceptance to program notifications will begin approximately March 1, and rolling acceptance will continue thereafter.

There is no guarantee that you will be accepted into the graduate Speech-Language Pathology Program or the AuD. Clinical Doctorate Program.

You will make application to our graduate program and the review committee will review your application along with the current applicant pool.

We encourage our students to apply to a number of graduate programs.

We recommend that you complete this required course work prior to the start of your graduate studies.

However, these courses could be taken during your graduate studies or after completion of your M.A.  They are a requirement for ASHA Certification and must be completed prior to starting your Clinical Fellowship.