Applying for Graduation

  • If you declared the major or minor prior to Fall 2018, you may follow the requirements for the catalog year of your declaration. Students who declared before LING 331 was a major or minor requirement, for example, are not required to take the course (but may do so, in which case it can substitute for another upper division course, as long as they have not already taken a semantics course). Check with the Chair if you have questions.
  • When reviewing your academic progress in DegreeWorks, please cross reference with our Linguistics checklists listed below. DegreeWorks is not always accurate. Please email the Linguistics Chair or Manager with questions or concerns.

Graduation paperwork is due to the Registrar's Office at least two quarters in advance of graduation. Due dates can be found on the Degree Application.

Your graduation paperwork will include:

  • Degree Application.
  • Major Evaluation, completed by the major department.
  • Minor Evaluation, completed by the minor department.

Please contact Sara Helms,, for a completed linguistics Major or Minor Evaluation. Include your W# with your request. Sara will approve your request in Degree Works, pending completion of remaining requirements displayed in Degree Works.

Students should also review the University Graduation Requirements (below) to determine if they have satisfied all of the requirements.

Students will then submit the their Degree Application Form together with any electronic evaluations to See full instructions on the Registrar's Website.


Forms to help students keep track of credits, major requirements, and minor requirements

University Graduation Requirements