Anthropology 496 Portfolio
Objectives of Anthropology 496
The Anthropology Department has instituted a means of assessing the outcome of students' academic careers via a Senior Portfolio. This method of assessment provides feedback to the department about the effectiveness of our curriculum in preparing students for their post-graduate careers.
The skills acquired are applicable to a variety of applications outside of anthropology. Steps in the preparation of the portfolio are designed to refresh student awareness of the skills acquired during their undergraduate education. This reflection naturally leads to the crafting of a skills resume that graduates can use in their first professional job search
Senior Year: Portfolio Presentation
Select an Anthropology faculty member to work with and who will evaluate your portfolio. Each instructor has their own CRN so you will need to contact one for an override override to register for Anthropology 496- Portfolio Assembly (1 credit, S/U)
Your final portfolio materials need to be submitted via Canvas for review by the end of the quarter and needs to have the following uploaded:
- Summary of classes (including internships) taken in major (and others) with specific skills acquired.
- Personal summary of experience/self-evaluation.
- Resume highlighting experience gained in college classes, particularly skills acquisition. There is information about resumes on the Career Services website.
- Two class products that represent your best work. Be sure to include the class where the project originated from.
Samples of class products could include:
- A research paper based on published literature or based on original data collection
- A transcript of an interview
- Photographs and descriptions of temporary presentation materials such as a poster, construction, or display
- A video prepared as a research project
- A presentation using software such as PowerPoint, properly annotated.
- An unusual lab involving background literature review and extra effort
- Student Evaluation of Anthropology Program.