College of Humanities & Social Sciences

How to Declare Your Anthropology Major

Major Declaration Requirements

NEW for Fall Quarter 2017: 

Successfully complete the following courses with a C- or better:

ANTH 201 and ANTH 301

PLUS one of the following: 
ANTH 210
ANTH 215
ANTH 247.

These courses must be complete before students can declare Cultural Anthropology, Linguistic Anthropology, Archaeology & Biocultural Anthropology.

Students seeking Bio Anthropology BA & BS degrees will need to consult with the Biology department.

Minor Declaration

There are no requirements for declaring an anthropology minor. Just come in to the Anthropology Department and fill out a minor declaration form. Click here for more information about the Anthropology minor.

Where to Declare

Anthropology Office
Arntzen Hall, room 315
8:30am - 4:30pm

Bio Anthropology BA/BS declarations must be completed in the Biology Department.