Kinesiology and Physical Education Advising Overview

Advising Videos for our Programs

Included here is information to assist you in deciding whether Kinesiology and Physical Education is the field you wish to study, as well as information to get you started in our department.


Physical Education P-12

Please explore the following links for information about common advising questions regarding program requirements:

Further information:

Applying to Western

For information about applying to Western, contact the Office of Admissions, Old Main 200, (360) 650-3440. An Undergraduate Application for Admission is required of all freshmen, transfer and post baccalaureate applicants.

For advice about General University Requirements (GURs), contact the Academic Advising & Student Achievement Center.

Transfer Student Advising Information

Are you thinking of transferring to the WWU kinesiology program and wondering what classes you should take at your present school that will set you up well for entering the kinesiology program? See a  Community College Transfer Advising list of recommended classes.

For general information about transferring to Western, consult the Office of Admissions/Transfer student website.

The following table will also allow you to determine, for some of your courses, if they will transfer to Western.
Transfer of courses from WA state community colleges or WA state public universities
Transfer GUR worksheet

Applying for Graduation

Plan to apply for graduation two quarters prior to your final quarter. For example, if you are graduating at the end of Spring Quarter, you will need to apply for graduation during Fall Quarter. Plan to do your major evaluation as early as possible during the quarter, well in advance of registration. Information about the process may be found on the Registrar's Office web site.

How to apply for graduation

Make an appointment with your advisor to do your major evaluation at least two quarters prior to graduation. Please plan to do this well in advance of registration. The final step will be to turn in your major evaluation, along with a Degree Application, to the Registrar's Office. Degree Application packets are available at the Registrar's Office, Old Main 230.