Physical Education P-12

How do I get into the program?

1.  Declare a pre-major in PEH P-12 (see Jen Leita in Carver 201A or email to complete this process).  For advising purposes, it is recommended you declare your PEH pre-major in the winter of the academic year prior to that which you intend to start the program.  

For example:  If you want to start the PEH P-12 Program during the 2023-24 academic year, declare PEH P-12 as your pre-major by winter 2023.

2.  Register for PEH 340 (fall of the academic year you intend to start the PEH P-12 Program).

3.  Apply to the Woodring College of Education by September 1st

     Application Requirements

     You must have passed all three sections of the West-B exam

      West-B Exam Information

      You must have at least a 2.75 GPA

4.  Apply to the PEH P-12 Program while taking PEH 340.

     The PEH P-12 Program Applications

Please email your complete:

  1. Program Application
  2. Essay, and
  3. Transfer school transcripts, if applicable, to: before the application deadline.

The PEH P-12 program accepts applications for winter admission in early October.  Students interested in applying for admission to the PEH P-12 major should meet with advisor Jen Leita to declare the pre-major and discuss planning and timelines for major application.