Kinesiology and Physical Education

INTERESTED IN DECLARING A KINESIOLOGY MAJOR FOR WINTER 2019 OR LATER?  See the information in the “Advising” and “Declaring a Major” section of the menu at the left.


The Kinesiology and Physical Education (KPE) Program is one of three programs in the Health and Human Development department. There are three degrees offered: B.S. Kinesiology, B.A.E. Physical Education and Health P-12, M.S. Kinesiology.

Questions about the Kinesiology program?

If you have questions about the undergraduate program, or applying to the major, please contact our Academic Advisor, Taylor Leenstra, at (360) 650-4377,
You can book an appointment with Taylor Leenstra at:
Program Coordinator: Dr. Gordon Chalmers (360) 650-3113,
If you have questions about the graduate program, please contact, Dr. Lorrie Brilla (360) 650-3056,

Questions about the Physical Education and Health P-12 program?

Please contact, Dr. Nick Washburn (360) 650-7709,