Student Travel Support

Requesting Departmental Travel Funds

If you are an undergraduate or graduate student currently conducting research with a faculty member and would like to apply for travel funding assistance to attend a psychological conference, please complete the Psychology Student Travel Authorization Form.

All requests for travel support must be made FOUR WEEKS prior to day one of travel and will be evaluated based on available departmental funds. Students may receive departmental travel support no more than ONCE per fiscal year (July through June). For potential grant funding opportunities please see below and/or contact your faculty mentor. 

Questions? Contact:

Requesting Student Enhancement Funds

Student Enhancement Funds (SEF) are available to any full-time WWU student (undergraduate or graduate) for learning opportunities (both academic and personal), these include but are not limited to: conferences, workshops, non-credit bearing classes. We can cover expenses for lodging, travel, and registration. We do not cover per diem or other living expenses. The application must be submitted at least five weeks prior to the event to ensure that funds are able to be dispersed in a timely manner. However, we do offer reimbursement if that is not possible.

TO APPLY: Undergraduate and graduate full-time students can apply through the Western Involvement Network:

  1. Login with WWU universal account
  2. Click on Forms
  3. Click on and complete the AS Unified Funding Form

Questions? Contact: 360-650-6112

Requesting Research and Creative Opportunities Funds

Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP) offers grants to graduate students and undergraduate students working with a faculty mentor to engage in independent scholarly research, scientific inquiry, new technology development and artistic/creative activity. Previous awards have supported field work, artistic projects and performances, scientific research, the development of written works, and many other innovative projects. Applications are accepted once each quarter (consult the RSP site for upcoming deadlines), and the review process is competitive, so you should work closely with your faculty mentor in planning and preparing your application.

Requesting Travel Funding through the Graduate School

The Ross Travel Grant supports graduate student travel for the following purposes: to present papers at professional meetings and conferences, to exhibit works of art at national and international showings, and to perform, direct or produce within professional performing arts venues.

Questions? Contact: | 360-650-3170