On major declaration forms, please indicate the preferred major in the comments section (Political Science or Political Science/Social Studies). Students wishing to declare the Political Science/Economics major or the Politics, Philosophy, Economics major should complete the CBE Application for Admission/Declaration.

For both major and minor declaration forms please route the form to politicalscience@wwu.edu for approval.

Declaring the Political Science Major

You are eligible to declare the Political Science major, and any of the majors combined with Political Science, if you have completed any two of the following courses:

  • PLSC 250
  • PLSC 261
  • PLSC 271
  • PLSC 291

Stop by the Political Science Department office, Arntzen Hall 415 and an advisor will review your transcripts and assist you in completing the Major Declaration Form. If you are a transfer student, you may receive credit for equivalent political science courses taken at another college or university.

Please note that approvals from each department advisor are needed to declare a combined major in Political Science/Economics or Political Science/Philosophy/Economics.  Approved and completed Major Declaration ESign Forms will be routed to the Registrar.

Learn more about the Political Science Major

Declaring the Political Science Minor

You can declare the Political Science Minor at any time.  There are no prerequisites. 

Please come to the Political Science Department Office, Arntzen Hall 415, to officially declare a minor in Political Science.

Learn more about the Political Science Minor