Welcome to Sociology Advising
Need help or information?
The Department Office is closed, but Sociology advising is available remotely!
Options for reaching Sociology Advising:
- Email your name and phone number to Andrea Osborn and request a return phone call.
- To schedule a specific appointment time, email Andrea Osborn your weekly availability and she will email you back regarding the next available opening.
- Schedule an appointment via the button below.
- If you have a time sensitive advising need and don't see any open times that match your availability, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and Andrea will find a corresponding appointment time contact you with the details.
Submit Documents Virtually
The locked dropbox outside of AH 513 is not being checked at this time. Please do not submit hard copies of materials there as they will not be seen or processed. See directions for virtual submission of departmental forms at the following links:
The Sociology Department Program Coordinator/Department Advisor is available to help you with a variety of information. Both prospective students and current students are welcome to make appointments or contact the advisor by phone or email.
The advisor can discuss a variety of topics including:
- What coursework will transfer to the Sociology Major at Western
- The difference between the degrees offered within the department
- Career options for Sociology Majors
- How to apply for the major
- Checking your progress towards completion of your major
- Projecting your quarter of graduation
- Discussing internship opportunities
- Completing study abroad paperwork
- Providing Major Evaluations
- and more
Contact the Sociology Advisor
COVID-19 Self Reporting Form
For students to self report a confirmed or potential COVID positive case or if they are in a medical or self-quarantine.