Welcome to Sociology Advising
Need help or information?
The Department Office is closed, but Sociology advising is available remotely!
Schedule appointments at https://calendly.com/sociology
- When you schedule your appointment time, a Zoom link will be sent to the email address you enter when signing up for your appointment.
- Appointment times will be posted for the upcoming 1-2 weeks. Please check back for additional openings as we move through this window of time if you don't see an opening.
- If you have a time sensitive advising need and don't see any open times that match your availability, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability and Andrea will find an open time that matches in our calendars and contact you.
Andrea Osborn is available via email email@example.com, Zoom or phone (360 650-4882) for advising appointments.
All students have access to Zoom for free. Through Zoom, we can look at the same documents via computer screen. Looking at the same documents in real time is highly recommended so that understanding of credits and requirements is accurate.
Tutorials and help information regarding Zoom can be found here.
Submit Documents Virtually:
The locked dropbox outside of AH 513 is not being checked at this time. Please do not submit hard copies of materials there as they will not be seen or processed. See directions for virtual submission of departmental forms at the following links:
The Sociology Department Program Coordinator/Department Advisor is available to help you with a variety of information. Both prospective students and current students are welcome to make appointments or contact the advisor via phone or email.
We can cover a variety of topics including (but not limited to):
- What coursework will transfer to the Sociology Major at Western
- The difference between the degrees offered within the department
- Career options for Sociology Majors
- How to apply for the major
- Checking your progress towards completion of your major
- Projecting your quarter of graduation
- Discussing internship opportunities
- Completing study abroad paperwork
- Providing Major Evaluations
Program Coordinator and Undergraduate Advisor, Sociology
Arntzen Hall 513 (MS 9081)
COVID-19 Self Reporting Form - For students to self report a confirmed or potential COVID positive case or if they are in a medical or self-quarantine