In order to increase the likelihood of successfully completing the sociology minor, it is recommended that students minoring in sociology take applicable courses as soon as possible when there is space available, rather than waiting to take several courses in the last quarter(s) of study. Also, there is more course availability during Summer Session, so minors may want to consider utilizing the summer quarters to fulfill minor requirements. A registration waiting period is not in place for non-majors during summer quarter registration.
Declaring a Sociology Minor
An appointment is not necessary to declare a Sociology Minor.
Please follow steps 1-3 below to declare.
- Complete a Minor Declaration Card (blank cards can be found outside of Arntzen Hall 513).
- Put in drop box (located outside of Arntzen Hall 513)
A completed Minor Declaration Card looks like this.
Graduation Procedure for Minor Evaluations
An appointment is not necessary for the completion of your Minor Evaluation.
Please follow steps 1-3 below.
- Two quarters prior to graduation, please submit a completed Minor Evaluation Form to the dropbox outside of Arnzten Hall 513. **
- It will then be verified and signed.
- You will be notified via your Western email once it is ready to pick up. Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing by the Program Coordinator.
A completed Minor Evaluation form looks like this.
Blank forms can be found:
- Outside of Artnzen Hall 513.
- On the Registrar's Website at this link.
**Please note, if your graduation paperwork due date falls within Summer Quarter, please submit your Minor Evaluation to the dropbox the prior Spring Quarter.
Registration Policy (Please note, declared minors are considered to be non-majors).