Ways to Give to Sociology
Give to Sociology
Your gifts allow us to fund a range of activities and experiences for students that would not otherwise be possible. Your donation will support the following student experiences:
- Scholarships to provide important financial support as more than two thirds of our students request financial aid.
- Research funding to enhance the learning experience and provide essential career skills.
- Professional Conference Travel to give students an opportunity to present their research at conferences and network with professionals in their field.
- Guest Speakers to provide students and our community exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
- Study Abroad Programs to support learning and cultural experiences in the global setting.
Give to the Demography Scholarship Endowment (DRL)
Help support the Sociology Department's oldest scholarship. The Demography Scholarship was first awarded in 1986 and the endowment was created in 2010. The Demography Scholarship provides tuition awards to students who show promise in the field of demography. The scholarship/endowment is made possible by the generosity of demography/sociology alumni students, former demography scholarship recipients and friends of the Demographic Research Laboratory.
Give to Teresa LaFreniere Endowment
Help support the Teresa LaFreniere Endowment established in her memory in 2012. Teresa began working in the Department of Sociology in1965 and served Western for 42 years. The LaFreniere scholarship provides funding for high achieving, female students majoring in Sociology, with a preference given to returning students and/or students with young children.